Our Program and Philosophy
The Superintendent and Board of Education hereby certify that:
Planning, implementation and evaluation of the professional development plan were conducted by a professional development team that included teachers, administrators, and others identified in the plan.
The plan focuses on improving student performance and teacher practice as identified through data analysis.
The plan describes professional development that:
1) is aligned with state content and student performance standards;
2) is articulated within and across grade levels;
3) is continuous and sustained;
4) indicates how teachers in the district will participate; and
5) reflects congruence between student and teacher needs and district goals and
The plan indicates an evaluation of the effectiveness of the professional development and a mechanism to adjust activities based on the evaluation.
The plan, or the annual update to the plan, was adopted at a public meeting by the Board of Education.