IEC Chess Club
This year, students in fifth grade have the opportunity to participate in the IEC Chess Club. The Club is designed to meet the enrichment needs of students and to foster a greater appreciation for the game of chess. In addition, some of the goals of the club include:
- Learning a new game.
- Increasing students strategizing and problem-solving techniques as they relate to Chess.
- Learning how to plan and think ahead.
- Meeting new, like-minded students and players.
- Having fun and competing against others.
- Learning sportsmanship.
- Providing opportunities for students to gain a deeper understanding of the game by teaching it to others.
Mr. Frederick’s Chess Club meets throughout the year and will culminate with a fun tournament where a club champion will be crowned sometime in the Spring. For more information please email Mr. Frederick at firstname.lastname@example.org.