District Policy Manual
**NOTE: Please be advised that the District's Policy Manual developed with Erie 1 BOCES Policy Services is not to be interpreted as the rendering of legal advice. Application of Board policies to specific situations may necessitate consultation with the School Administrators/School Attorney to address the particular circumstances.
Contained herein are the policy statements formulated by the Board of Education of the Lewiston-Porter Central School District.
Policy is defined as a basic plan of action. It establishes limits within which freedom of judgment can be exercised.
Policy is a governing principle of management. It is a statement that has an effect on the interests of those who come under its jurisdiction. A policy may originate from the constitution, from statute, from local determinations and/or from customary patterns of formal behavior.
Policy should accomplish the following:
- State a position taken by the District;
- Grant the authority to act;
- Be sufficiently detailed to give adequate direction;
- Be achievable within the real environment of the school and community; and
- Provide for impartial procedures.
In addition to the adopted policies, the operation of the School District is governed by and subject to all applicable Laws, Regulations of the Commissioner of Education, Civil Service requirements, Board of Education Resolutions, School Administrative Regulations and Contracts of Agreement.
If any part of this manual is made invalid by judicial decision or legislative or administrative enactment, all other parts shall remain in full effect unless and until they are amended or repealed by the Board of Education. The official record of the adoption, amendment, or repeal of the by-laws and policies of the Lewiston-Porter Central School District shall be the minutes of the meetings of the Board of Education.
POLICY MANUAL SECTIONS
- Policy Manual Section 1000 - By-Laws
- Policy Manual Section 2000 - Internal Operations
- Policy Manual Section 3000 - Community Relations
- Policy Manual Section 4000 - Administration
- Policy Manual Section 5000 - Non-Instructional/Business Operations
- Policy Manual Section 6000 - Personnel
- Policy Manual Section 7000 - Students
- Policy Manual Section 8000 - Instruction