Board of Education MeetingsThe Lewiston-Porter Board of Education holds Regular Board meetings are typically on the fourth Monday of every month and Work Sessions, Budget Workshops are held on the second Monday of every month at the Community Resource Center, board room, commencing at 6:00 p.m. Special Board meetings are called as necessary. All meetings are open to the public, and a cordial invitation is extended to all interested citizens. Meetings will be open to the public. All board meeting agendas and supporting documents are posted on the website prior to the board meeting. If you wish to have a hard copy, please contact Marisa I. Barile, District Clerk at 716.286.7266.
Due to COVID-19 recommendations, please be advised that members of the public will be asked to wear a mask (covering nose and mouth) and social distance as practical when attending board meetings.
One of the most important duties of the Lewiston-Porter Board of Education is to listen to the public. Accordingly, time will be set aside at regular monthly Board meetings for members of the public to address the Board. Our Regular Board of Education meetings are not public meetings, but meetings held in public. At the meeting, a sign-up sheet will be provided for individuals wishing to address the Board.
- Speakers are requested to limit their remarks to not more than three (3) minutes, appoint a spokesperson if a concern is a group concern; and supplement verbal presentations with written reports, if necessary or desired.
- Members of the Board of Education will listen to the remarks of the speakers; however, the Board does not comment or respond to questions; but rather respond in writing if a response is necessary.
- The Board President will call your name, the speaker will then identify themselves, stating their name and then address the board.
- Personal comments toward a member of the community, staff, or Board of Education will not be considered appropriate and the Board president will direct you not to speak.
2021-2022 Board meeting schedule
Regular Board Meetings:
- 12/13/2021 (date change from 12/20/2021)
- 04/26/2022 (ON BOCES)
Work Session Meetings:
- 01/18/2022 (date change from 01/10/2022)
Annual Organizational Meeting: 07/01/2021
Board Retreat: 08/13,14/2021
O/N BOCES Budget & Election Meeting Date: 04/26/2022
Budget Hearing: 05/09/2022
Annual District Meeting, Election & Vote: 05/17/2022
If you have questions regarding Board of Education meetings, please contact Marisa I. Barile, District Clerk at 286-7266 or email@example.com. Any changes to the date, time, or location as indicated above, will be noted on the website main page under announcement and the website calendar.