“When you read a children’s novel – or more than one novel – across an entire district, you spark a community-wide conversation. That conversation takes place on playgrounds and parking lots, in grocery stores and churches, across your district. A conversation that is rich, involving hundreds and thousands of students and families, inspires a rich appreciation of literature and lifelong readers. It establishes a culture of family literacy.” ~Read to Them
PEC, IEC, & 6th GRADE FAMILIES:
Join us as we continue our exciting reading adventure: One District, One Book
January 4th-March 12th, 2021!
AND THE WINNING BOOK IS...
WHAT IS ONE DISTRICT, ONE BOOK?
One District, One Book is a program designed to create a shared reading experience across our school community.
- We will vote on a popular children's novel.
- Each student receives a copy of the chosen book to keep.
- Then, every family reads that book together at home while enjoying the provided packet of conversation starters, activities, and reading schedule.
- The shared reading experience will be supported by enriching activities at school.
- Students and families can follow the ODOB opportunities on Seesaw (PEC & IEC) or Google Classroom (6th Gr.).
Every family in our PreK- 6th Grade Community reads the same book at the same time!
Go to www.readtothem.org for more information about the One District One Book initiative.