Welcome to the Office of Human ResourcesDr. C. Douglas Whelan, Interim Assistant Superintendent for Administrative ServicesJodee Riordan, Personnel SpecialistLewiston-Porter Central School DistrictAdministration Building4061 Creek RoadYoungstown, NY 14174Phone: (716) 286-7242Fax: (716) 286-7877Human Resources is part of the Office of Administrative Services and all duties and responsibilities for Human Resources are processed through this office. The duties and responsibilities of Human Resources include:
- Advises Superintendent of Schools as to current and anticipated staffing needs.
- Plans, organizes and implements recruitment and selection, in conjunction with appropriate administrators.
- Makes recommendations to the Superintendent of Schools as to leaves, suspensions, absences, dismissals, appointments; serves as district liaison to Civil Service Commission.
- Maintains and updates job descriptions.
- Maintains accurate system of personnel records, (e.g. payroll, unemployment insurance, workers’ compensation); prepares annual staff directory.
- Maintains current list of qualified substitute personnel and coordinates substitute calling service.
- Assists legal counsel in the representation of the district in personnel matters (e.g. collective bargaining, arbitration).
- Responsible for the implementation of collective bargaining agreements.
** The links in this area will let you leave the Lewiston-Porter Central School District site. The appearance of these links does not constitute endorsement by the Lewiston-Porter Central School District of the linked web sites, or the information, products or services contained therein. Lewiston-Porter Central School District does not exercise any control over the information you may find at these locations. Lewiston-Porter Central School District cannot attest to the accuracy or appropriateness of information available at any linked sites. The Lewiston-Porter Central School District is not responsible for contents of any linked pages or any link contained in a linked site or any changes or updates to such sites.