Board of Education Responsibilities
The Lewiston-Porter Board of Education consists of seven volunteer community members, each of whom is elected to serve a three-year term. Board members are not compensated for their service.
The primary function of the Board is to provide students with a quality educational program consistent with New York State's educational standards. Specific responsibilities include:
- Setting policy within state and federal law
- Determining educational policy
- Overseeing the administration of school programs and services
- Working closely with the Superintendent, who is the chief executive officer of the district, responsible for the execution of all School Board decisions regarding the operation of the District
- Working with administration to prepare an annual budget