Universal Pre-K Information 2023/24
2023-24: Program is full
- The program is contingent upon the availability of New York State Universal Pre-K funds for all Lewiston-Porter children who will turn 4 years of age (but not 5 years) by Dec. 1, 2024.
- Eligible students must have a birthday between December 1, 2019-November 30, 2020.
- Pre-Kindergarten students will attend a full day of school Monday through Friday, beginning at 8:50 a.m., with dismissal at 3:20 p.m.
- There is no charge to enroll your child in this program.
- Bus transportation for students (4+) is available. Students will be bussed home at school dismissal.
- Applicants are expected to be toilet trained and independent in the restroom unless documentation of a medical condition is provided.
2024-25: Application will open March 1, 2024.
Deadline to apply is April 9, 2024.
Application does not mean acceptance to the program.
We have a limited number of spots available. If applications surpass the number of available spots we will hold a lottery to determine eligibility.
District registration should not be completed until acceptance to the program is granted.
Accepted Student Registration will open on May 1st. Please wait to hear from the YMCA about your application status before completing the registration paperwork. Even though you've completed an application, you still MUST register your child with the district.
1. Follow this link for information about new student registration. You'll learn what documentation and information is required before completing the registration form.
2. Click here to access our online UPK registration form. At this time, we urge you to register using the online registration form. However, if this is not possible, please contact the registrar's office at 716-286-7265.
3. The following documents are required:
- Immunization Record (View a list of required vaccines). It is required to provide the school nurse with an updated immunization form and health examination form (see next bullet point) within TWO WEEKS of the student starting school. Please click here to view a quick fact sheet regarding new legislation surrounding vaccination and non-medical exemptions.
- Home Language Questionnaire: English, Spanish, Simplified Chinese, Arabic, Bengali, Russian
- Evidence of physical examination performed within 12 months prior to the entrance date. You may use a signed health appraisal form completed by a health care provider who is licensed in New York State or the District Health Appraisal Form. MASH and Urgent Care-type physicals are not accepted.