Become a Lewiston-Porter Alumni Association Member!Dear Lewiston-Porter Alumni,
This is your invitation to join the Lewiston-Porter Alumni Association. Alumni for generations have been the bedrock of our community dating back to 1806 when the first school was established here. Lew-Port is over a half century old and proudly claims about 12,000 alumni in addition to loyal alumni from the Red Brick Schools.Over the years many alumni have maintained strong connections to classmates and the schools through reunions, informal gatherings, scholarships, newsletters, and special activities.
With this history in mind interested alumni from several classes and faculty formed the Lewiston-Porter Alumni Association August 27, 2007.Why Should I Join the Lewiston-Porter Alumni Association?
Programs Your Membership Will Support:
- Be part of the partnership between Lew-Port Alumni Association, the school and its students. Add your voice and demonstrate your loyalty to our alma mater.
- Become part of ongoing communication, social activity and good fellowship among Lew-Port alumni through reunions, websites, newsletters, and many alumni programs at Lew-Port and in the community.
- “Give back” to Lew-Port by participating in Alumni Association programs such as teacher mini-grants, scholarships, freshman orientation and other activities that will keep Lew-Port an award winning school.
- Scholarships totaling $5,000 were awarded to six students in 2008, 2009, and 2010. Four more, each for $1,000 were sponsored by the Association, participating alumni classes and families in 2010.
- Mini-grants were awarded to 25 teachers in 2008, 2009, and 2010. program continues in 2011. The LPAA sets aside $3500 annually ( approximately $500 per award ). More information is availible under the Mini Grant tab.
- Distinguished Alumni speak with students, as role models, over two days. Seven Distinguished Alumni were recognized in 2009, four more in 2010.
- Freshman Orientation programs were sponsored for the Classes of 2012, 2013 and 2014.
- Athletic Hall of Fame programs, honoring Lew-Port athletes have been supported since our inception.
- Jason Raby 5-K Memorial Run was launched in August 2009 and continued in 2010
- Website www.lew-port.com/alumni is keeping alumni and friends connected and up to date.
- Class Reunions and other alumni activities such as class scholarships are supported by the Association.
Lewiston-Porter Alumni Association became incorporated in New York State during 2009. In 2014 we were granted 501 ( C) ( 3) tax exempt status by the IRS. Any donations made to the LPAA are acknowledged with a letter that the Donor can then use in their annual tax filing.We would be honored by your membership in the Lewiston-Porter Alumni Association.There Are 2 Ways To Join:
1. Download the Membership Application and fill it out. Return it to us with your $10.00 or $25.00 dues. Consider an additional tax exempt contribution, either restricted to a program of your choice or unrestricted for Lewiston-Porter Alumni Association use where needed most.
2. Click here to complete the Electronic Membership Application and Online Payment Option.Questions?
Click here to contact any member of the Board of Directors.